Thursday, August 14, 2008

How things have changed

Today I was driving along and noticed several people walking. Not for pleasure, but to get to where they had to go and I thought how sad it is that we are so afraid to pickup hitchhikers.
We are all afraid of murders and rapist, but I'll bet the average person, hitchhiking is doing so because they have no other transportation. When my daughter was about 6 we saw a lady waiting for a bus. I think the Lord spoke to me and told me to pick her up, so I did. She was very sweet and we had a nice conversation while I took her home. After she left I told my daughter she should never do that but that the Bible talks about angels unaware and then I explained all of that to her. I tried to impress on her that you have to listen to the Lord and at the same time, use your own God given common sense.
I have never before or sense pickup up another hitchhiker but that day I did, and my daughter has never forgot that lesson.

No comments: