Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Shleby




I love being a grandma. The first time Shelby called me grandma I thought it can't get any better than this. But it has, much better. She is the best little girl and always has been. She is two and a rule follower even at this age. When she started to crawl I told her she was not to touch grandma's "pretties", and she never has. She has always picked up her toys before she went home. She has to have a napkin to eat. She does not like messes. Her face and hands need to be clean and she wipes up her own spills. Kenny was working on the recliner the other night and she said "Papa made a mess, I'll clean it." When she got up one morning this week I said how about you help me make the bed, just as quick she came back with "that's a good idea". When we go shopping she stays right by my side wanting to help. One time I was getting her out of her car seat and she said grandma where is your cane? She reminds me to take my purse. She is so smart she can count to 10 and knows most of the abc's. Her Papa and I love her so much, she is such a joy (there is that word again). You will just have to live with my bragging I make no apologies.

1 comment:

Jannie Funster said...

I can't wait to have one of those too! But I better wait at least 18 years, as my only child is not quite 7 yet.

Is your grand-daughter liek soem kind of Angel-Child? No fits ever? I guess that must say a lot about you as a wonderful person too.

Anyway, welcome to blogging and her read and blue dress is very cute.