Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Cooking

I love to cook, actually baking is what I really love. I love making yeast bread, sweet bread, cakes, cookies, pies. I love it all and I am not afraid to try new things. One year our church held an auction. My entry was a year of deserts one a month. The people who bought it seemed to love it. I tried to taylor it to their needs. If I knew they were having company I tried to have something for that time. I made sure to ask about their likes and dislikes. I made all kinds of things from cheesecakes to pies. They begged me to do it again the next year but by that time I was busy with other things and didn't have the time. I alway thought I would like to hold a class for young women who are about to get married and teach them things like how to make homemade noodles, easy beef stew, chicken pot pie so they could start out with a basic knowledge. My daughter was never interested in learning, but my granddaughter loves cooking with me. See below.






1 comment:

Firecracker said...

Great ideas! I would definitely take the cooking class. I love to cook. I have so many memories of making noodles with my mom. I was the "spreader outer." This Christmas she made me a complete noodle making kit. I'm so glad I followed her in the kitchen. I learned so much, but I'm sure I could learn more!